We love eating Mexican and I came across this recipe for a taco bake and thought I would add to it with some things that my family likes. The original recipe calls for 1 lb of ground beef, with all the items I added to this recipe, I was able to cut the meat mixture in two and freeze half to use when I make this again or for simple tacos!
What you will need:
1 lb ground beef
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 packet taco seasoning
1 red pepper, diced
4 jalapeño peppers, diced
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cilantro and/or green onions, finely chopped
How it is done:
1. Preheat the oven to 375*. Brown ground beef in skillet, drain. Return to pan and add seasoning, beans, corn, tomatoes with chilies, and peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grease a 10 inch pie plate or similar size rectangle pan. Spread crescent dough evenly in pan, be sure to press dough up on sides for a crust.
3. Pour half the meat mixture into the pan. (You can freeze the other half for a future dinner.) Cover with cheese.
4. Bake at 375* for 14-17 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
5. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, cilantro, green onions, or salsa.