This soup takes very minimal effort for the amazing result! Quickly, this has become one of my husbands favorite and most requested dinners!
What You Will Need:
- 1 lb Italian Sausage (I use spicy or hot sausage)
- 5-7 slices of bacon
- 5 medium russet potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 c kale, chopped
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 4 c water
- (2) 14 oz cans of chicken broth
- ½ large onion, diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
How it is Done:
- I typically start out by cooking both the sausage and the bacon. Crumble the sausage in a skillet and cook on medium high heat until cooked through. Drain and set aside. Fry up your bacon using the same skillet, or you could cook your bacon in the oven.
- While your meat is cooking, combine potatoes, water, chicken broth, onion, and garlic in a large stock pot and cook over medium high heat until potatoes are cooked through.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, add the meat, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Potatoes should begin to break apart slightly.
- Turn heat to low and add chopped kale and cream. Heat through and you are ready to serve!
We typically enjoy this soup with some fresh baked rolls or crusty French bread!
*recipe adapted from Mom on Timeout